About a year ago, we stood on the cusp of finally breaking ground for the Nave of our Mission Abbey, but then two unforeseen incidents presented our leadership with good reason to reevaluate the timing for breaking ground: the COVID pandemic and a higher bid number for the project than anticipated. Out of a desire to be wise stewards, we decided to actively wait on moving forward on construction.
Since the first of the year, our leadership has been reengaging our General Contractor, Jeff Brasfield, and our Architect, Steve Carroll, to look for key indicators that would signal the suitable time to move forward. Together we have been working to find solutions that are both in line with our original vision of the Nave and also financially feasible in light of the current market. Our progress has been encouraging, and we are excited to announce that we believe now is the time to move forward so as to aim to break ground on the Nave sometime in the Fall.
But first we’d like to update the parish of our current progress and share with you the details of what it will mean for us to move forward with construction. To do this, we are offering two identical Parish Forums this summer to update our people: the first on Wednesday, June 23 and the second on Sunday, July 18, both at 6:00 p.m. Whether you are new to All Saints or a long-term member, we invite you to attend one of these forums to learn more.