Wednesdays at 6:30 am
Kevin Vailes at All Saints
For our early risers, contact Kevin if you are interested in meeting at the church with face masks each Wednesday at 6:30 am for Morning Prayer.
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
Mondays beginning February 22 at 7:00 pm
Nan Thomas via Zoom or outside around a firepit
Each member of this group will individually follow a Do-It-At- Home Retreat based on the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius and then meet weekly to discuss what everyone is learning. Participants will receive a booklet that contains daily readings, questions, and prayers. For more information, email Nan.
beginning Sunday, February 21 from 7:00 to 7:30 pm
the Gristy family via Zoom
During each Sunday in Lent, end the day and start the week off with a modified, family-friendly version of Compline, the last service from the Daily Office that “completes” the day. All ages are free to join. Email Fr. Wes if you’d like to be added to the invite list.
More Opportunities to Come
If none of these prayer opportunities works for you, that’s okay. We hope to offer more soon. More importantly, we hope that you will take it upon yourself to pray with others in whatever way works best for you and your family. And if there’s a prayer group or event that you’d like to help get started, please let Fr. Wes know. We believe that praying together is essential during this time.
Daily Office Resources
- This website, dailyoffice2019.com, makes practicing the Daily Office easy. Whenever you visit the site, the current office of the day, prayers, and lectionary readings are already pulled in and ready for you to use.
- The Daily Office App for iPhone or iPad.
- View the Book of Common Prayer 2019 in pdf format.
- Purchase the Book of Common Prayer 2019 at Anglican House Publishers.
- Access the Daily Office Booklet and other resources from Anglican Compass.