15th Sunday after Pentecost
- Enjoy this 15th Sunday after Pentecost Family Service Bulletin as you worship together with your children.
- In the service bulletin, we suggest several hymns and songs. You are welcome to use these or whatever music your family enjoys!
- Before the service, have the children pick fresh flowers and decorate your worship area.
- If you have a green cloth, drape it over a small table, then place a Bible and two candles on the table to create a central point within your worship space.
- Consider having everyone dress as though they were going to church. Doing so helps to make the day feel different from other days at home, and it prepares your children for worship by engaging them in the routines they normally associate with Sundays.
- Consider ways to involve your children in your worship service. Have them assist with the readings. Get the children to lead their own prayers. All of this is discipleship!
- Be prepared to adapt! The service as written may not work well your family, so use only what is helpful to make the day special and worshipful for you and your children.
- God Bless You!
- Consider doing "Mobile Church."
- Load the family into a vehicle.
- Bring your Bible, some snacks, and your favorite worship music.
- Sing together.
- Read John 3:1-7
- Talk about the Lesson
- Safely (e.g. through closed car windows) visit someone you have missed seeing at church
- Call ahead to make sure that it is ok for you to stop by.
- When you arrive, fellowship in the limited capacity described above. Make sure that the children have an opportunity to say hello!
- Before you leave, say a prayer. Try letting the children lead their own prayers, or simply say the Lord's Prayer